As we’ve said before on other pages in this site, it’s one thing to key in your numbers, it’s another thing entirely to generate the kinds of reports that make sense of them and that you can use to take your business to the next level. The financial management of your business is a completely different ballgame than the bookkeeping of your financial transactions.
You, as the business owner, started the business due to an expertise you had that wasn’t accounting, and you are at the stage now where you recognise that having a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in your company probably would be a good thing. But they don’t come cheap and it’s a huge financial commitment for your growing company.
At PCS, we have CFO experts who can come into your business and take on the role. Here’s what we would take off the shoulders of your struggling financial controller (probably you).
No longer will you feel like you are making decisions in the dark because you are unable to see the big picture. You won’t run the risk of your business being sidelined because existing spreadsheets:
• don’t have the right KPIs or
• don’t account for the financial implications of projects that spread across quarters or
• are useless because of incorrect data.
We will be able to compile the financial reports you need to make decisions that will help you grow and scale your business.
As your business has grown, the tasks of recording your financial transactions has grown with it. What was manageable early on has now become a monster to control. The checks and balances of recording accurate information and completely in time to keep you compliant is too much for one person to control and could expose you to fraud in a worse-case scenario.
With our CFO Services, your controller will still be in control of the day-to-day operations, but our CFO will manage the design and overall performance of the accounting process, systems and controls.
Let’s face it, you didn’t start your business to spend all your time crunching numbers. But someone needs to. Your business won’t survive if invoices and bills aren’t paid on time and you don’t have the insights you need to make key decisions for your business. Our CFO Services are designed to ensure you stay on track to meeting your growth and performance objectives.
It’s a big word. Your business strategy needs to be built on sound data. Without the information to enable you to look back and understand how you got to where you are today, you won’t be able to plan where you want to be in the future. Our CFO Services will change all that. Our financial leadership will tell you where you’ve succeeded and failed so that we can be continually refining your growth strategy.
Pitching to investors
Even if you can get along without key financial insights, no serious investor will take a chance if you can’t provide a compelling financial picture. Our CFO Services will help you to a complete financial history and compelling story with realistic projections that will enable you to secure the capital your business needs to grow.
• Generate monthly, or even weekly, reports that are easy for you to digest so you can see where you stand and where you are headed.
• Oversee your current bookkeeping and controller staff, making the checks and balances to strengthen security and present accurate financials and keep your company in compliance with all financial regulations.
• Generate a budget and financial projections so you have the information you need to make the right decisions for your business.
• Prepare you for board meetings and coach you so you present the right information to your board.